Help on: Domestic credit transfer Russia
Use this dialogue box to enter a domestic credit transfer to Russia. Please note that only Commerzbank accesses can be used for this. This function is not offered for third-party banks! For an explanation of specific elements within the form, simply click the number and marker that correspond to that element.
Information about the initiator: Please enter the following information which will apply for the entire order and thus for all payment records contained in this order:
- Originator's account: Here you will see all of the originator's accounts for the relevant bank access for which you have authorisation and which you can use for this payment type.
- If the originator's account is linked to a company, the originator's name and tax number (INN/KIO) will be transferred from the company's details.
- Execution date: For domestic credit transfers to Russia, the execution date is always the date on which the order is received by the bank. Accordingly, this date cannot be changed. Please note that additional signatures from other users might be needed to approve an order. Order execution could be delayed accordingly.
- Tax number (INN/KIO): Please enter the originator's taxpayer number (INN) if the debtor is a resident of Russia or the tax code (KIO) if the originator is not a resident of Russia but is registered with the tax authorities.
Beneficiary information: Please enter the beneficiary's name, address (optional) and account number or as well as the bank sort code of the beneficiary's bank. If the bank sort code provided is valid, the bank's name will be displayed.
Provision of both the beneficiary's name and tax number is mandatory. This is the taxpayer number (INN) if the beneficiary is a resident of Russia or the tax code (KIO) if the beneficiary is not a resident of Russia but is registered with the tax authorities.
As you enter a beneficiary's name, suggestions from your address book will appear automatically which you can then use to select bank details or a template. You can also select a bank connection that you already used for a past order. Alternatively, choose the Select Contact function to access your address book and search for bank connections and templates.
Credit transfer information: Under Credit Transfer Information, please always indicate the following
- the transaction amount in RUB
- an end-to-end reference or the no. of the payment order as well as the
- VAT information.
In addition, you can enter an optional purpose.
Additional Information: No other details are necessary under Additional Information if you do not want to change the standard settings. These include:
- Type of payment
- Transmission path
- Priority of the payment
Optionally, a VO code can be specified as the purpose of the payment (five-digit numeric) as well as a creditor reference.
Pay taxes or customs duties: If the purpose of the payment is to pay taxes or customs duties, additional information is required in the section Tax-related Details:
- Originator's KPP code (102)
- Beneficiary's KPP code (103)
- Tax status (101)
- BCC/KBK code (104)
- OKATO code (105)
- Type of tax payment (110)
- Reason for tax payment (106)
- Tax period in the case of tax payments or customs code for payments of customs duties (107)
Details regarding the number and date of the tax document (108 and 109) are optional.
Save order as a template: Click here to save this order as a template. Templates will always be saved under a contact's bank connection in your address book. You can choose whether to
- save the template under an existing bank connection or
- use the beneficiary's details to create a new bank connection for an existing contact or
- automatically create a new contact with this bank connection.
Create a collective order: Add additional payment records to the order to create a collective order. The information provided under the originator's details will apply for all payment records included in this order. The total amount of the order is updated automatically.
Save Order: Save the order to edit it again at a later point in time. Saved orders can also be edited by other users of that customer if they have permissions for the relevant order type and the originator's account specified in the order.
Saved orders can be found under orders in progress.
Complete order processing: Click here to complete order processing. After this you will have an opportunity to re-check the order details and submit the order by providing your signature pin. You will also be shown the order number assigned by the bank's computer system upon receipt.
Orders sent to the bank's computer system are then displayed under history.